• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mulberry playstand

McSizzle

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mike
we had massive tree loss in Phoenix after a microburst came rolling through. I went around the neighborhood and collected branches form "safe" trees and built some hanging play stands for my birds....seeing you use tile on the base has inspired me to try my hand at a floor standing playstand next! Thank you!

Anna M

Meeting neighbors
Your tree is wonderful! I am planning to make one, but am feeling intimidated. Less so now that you showed how you made yours.

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
That is amazing!!! What lucky birds!! It looks way better than most of the store bought trees I have seen!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Are your fids using the stand yet?

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are your fids using the stand yet?

Harley will fly to it now and has decided she likes a couple of the toys (the natural ones). Gandalf will let me put him on it but he's anxious to get off it after about twenty minutes. I can't get him to walk onto it from his cage which is a little disappointing but am hoping maybe once I add some dishes to it I can coax him to start going on it himself by putting some treats in a bowl. I think he's being stubborn because he knows how much I want him to use it. ;)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Maybe add a boing or something to wrap around it?

I hope they like it soon!