• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Photos of Georgie!

Inheavenlygrass

Walking the driveway
Here are some photos of my pretty girl! She also let me give her scritches for the first time last night! She doesn't want me touching her head, but she was certainly appreciative of some neck rubs. :heart: She also loves to use those plastic chain links to scratch her own neck. I'll try to get a video but it's sooooo cute, sh 20140821_202947.jpg e just picks them up with her foot and starts rubbing them against her neck.

20140821_202817.jpg 20140821_202748.jpg 20140821_202801.jpg

BirdyGirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Erica
Wow - Georgie is gorgeous! Make sure to close those C Clamps in the cage so that she doesn't injure herself on them (lower beak can get caught on them when they're open).

CheekyBeaks

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ann-Marie
She's gorgeous :heart: :heart: :heart:
Is that a whole bowl of nuts? Personally I would cut back on them, 1-2 nuts per day is plenty for an Amazon ;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I missed your thread, shame on me! I usually sniff out all threads about amazons!

Very gorgeous parrot and love the eyes.

I just attended a toy making seminar at our St Louis hookbill fair and they said not to have anything dangling in the cage that could wrap around a neck since the parrot could possibly strangle. Of course I should add I'm probably over the top with that sort of stuff. I think there is only one toy with a chain in the cage and it's from avian stainless and most of the chain is covered by tubes.

About that c clamp? If the bird does it again......One of my amazons kept doing that and my daughter told me to switch position and when he did it next he'd just tighten it. That worked!

So how long have you had your zon and how old is the bird?

Inheavenlygrass

Walking the driveway
I missed your thread, shame on me! I usually sniff out all threads about amazons!

So how long have you had your zon and how old is the bird?
Georgie isn't actually my bird. She lives at my work, we run a number of programs that introduce children to responsible animal care as well as animals that they wouldn't normally see. We have a number of rescued or re-homed parrots who live with us, most of them thrive in the environment because they have more enrichment, space, and attention than a regular pet parrot might since they have a whole host of staff who talk to or play with them and a large budget devoted to their needs and entertainment. If you check out my thread "Making friends with Georgie" I talk about her history and how we met. ;)