• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about Linnie food (again xD)

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
OK so tomorrow I have to go out and buy bird food again, Maui eats living world original seed diet, she use to eat roudy bush, but then the small pet store that had it closed, and there are no other stores that have it, and I can't order food online, so I've been looking for alternatives. The local pet store has something called Tropimix

Here is the description of the food: Made by Hagen
100% Edible Egg Food With Toasted Bread Crumbs And A Source Of Egg Protein For Budgies, Canaries, And Finches.
This Kibble Is A Wholesome Blend Of The Finest Hulled Grains, Legumes, Nuts And Vegetables To be availed of. This Special Formultaion Contains Cooked Legumes For Easier Digestibility And Is Fortified With Essential Vitamins, Minerals, And Amino Acids To Ensure Optimum Health And Nutrition. Contains: Fruits: Papaya, Pineapple, Coconut. Seeds: Chopped Oat Groats, Canary Seed, Hulled Millet, Niger Seed, Rape Seed, Flaxseed, Hemp Seed, Sesame Seed Vegetables: Carrot Others: Tropican Provoke Granules Which Contains Egg Protein, Breeding Mash Which Contauns Vitamins And Minerals, Breadcrumbs. Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Ptotein (min) 13.8%, Crude Fat (min) 8.5%, Crude Fiber (max) 2.8%, Ash (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 12.0%. Made In Canada

Thoughts?

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
I've used Tropimix before. I think its a pretty good seed mix...has pellets in it. Try it and see if she likes it! :D

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Thank you for your input xD Because she doesn't have pellets anymore, I bought her a tiny bag of fruity zupreem which she doesn't like, but will eat when I mash it down with her seeds, but I don't like it, so I don't want to buy another bag xD

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
What size of the zupreem? Spot isn't so much a fan of the parakeet sized but will wolf down the canary size.... although he does like to hold the larger roudy bush pellets when he eats them.

Swig

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Shelley
Our Linnie clan has scrapped Roudybush and Hagen based upon our avian vet who feeds her Linnies Harrison's Organic super fine pellets and baby green salad mixes. I, being a rebel, and continue to sprout hard red wheat and French green lentils. Daily, I chop fresh carrots, greens, apples and add thawed corn, petite peas and blueberries mixed with sprouts for the morning feed fest. Harrison's superfine is always available to eggnant mom's and weanlings. If I have egg laying hens, I add Avitech Cal-D-Solve to both the feed and water after having recurring near death egg binding problems with one sporty atheletic mum bird, Momby. Hope this helps.