• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I miss her

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I am sorry Shawna :sad1:
When I think of my Dirk who passed away 3 years ago, it takes my breath away still and my eyes fill with tears.
It is just a sadness that you carry with you, like any loss, it becomes part who you are. I believe with grief, comes wisdom.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry! :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
No matter how much time passes, you'll find that Gizmo will always be a part your heart and soul. From experience, we may lose a fid physically but we never forget the memories, the love and the laughter. :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
I'm sorry you're missing your little mate Shawna. I don't know of many people here who have worked harder to provide their birds with a wonderful life. I know the amount of effort you've always put into their diet through constant research, experimentation and the investigation of new products as they become available. As hard as it can be at times, keep your chin up and don't be too hard on yourself. There are very few companion bird keepers who put in the time, effort, thought, energy and dedication into looking out for FIDs as you do...even on this board. Chin up mate, I'm proud of you and your efforts. :)
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Many of us here understand how you feel, Shawna. Losing a beloved parrot is heartbreaking, and it takes a long time for the heart to heal.

After more than four years, not a day goes by that I don't think of George the YCA. I treasure my memories of him, but sometimes, those memories can feel like a stab to the heart. Most of the time though, those memories make me feel as if George were still with me-- as he is, in my heart and mind. In time, it may be that way for you. I hope it will.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Shawna I understand.

I still miss M-Star so badly and it makes me feel sick thinking of her. Yes life is a little easier without her. Out of cage time isn't as stressful and it is a bit more quiet. However she was my tightly bonded little girl and I will never be able to replace her. Never. :(

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry for your loss. I do think the pain never completely goes away but it does become less sharp with lots of time. I remember reading a post on here some time back that said we must be careful to cherish our time with these incredible creatures because they don't belong to us. The time that we have with them is a gift.
:hug8:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry Shawna. :( I'm always here to talk if you need it. :sadhug:

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:hug8: Sending lots of hugs to you. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:hug8: It's so hard.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Thank you everyone. It's nice having people that understand. Besides a select few in my personal life, few get it. People at work were making jokes about it within a week :( I'm sure it's because they didn't know what to say...well just don't say anything at all then.

I know it will get better. I've suffered losses before. And yes, I still cry years later after their light was extinguished. But it does take time.

Thank you again. :hug8:

Wildcard

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry.... there are certain animal friends whose deaths are harder to take. I mourn all of my lost pets, but all but one lived long lives and that provides comfort. The one that died too young has been the most difficult to mourn, it is almost 2 years now and I still waiver between being angry and being in tears-- I guess now it's once a week though rather than once a day. I think of her all the time and remind myself to be grateful for the wonderful years that we did have together. I would have rather loved her for those 7 years and have this pain than never have known her at all.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I think of you both often...but I hope that you will keep a spot open for another feathered baby in the future. There aren't enough good homes like yours (or owners like you) out there... :sadhug2:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Today I was feeding everyone in the birdroom and suddenly I was overcome with missing Trixie Meyers. It is a year this month she is gone. I understand your loss, the difficulty facing those people who do not understand how important our lost birdies were to us. Big hug to you. :hug8: