• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

what breed of macaw owns you?

what breed of macaw do you own?

• Total voters

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
I have a blue and gold macaw and it seems to be the most popular macaw.....within a reasonable budget. I thought it would be fun to see what macaw has the highest votes. Tell us you macaw best feature and worst feature is. :)
I will start....this is kai....I have had him since 5 months of age. If is extremely gentle can be loud sunrise and sunset. Loves showers and has a phobia of new people. don't forget to share a picture. :hug8:

Attachments

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
Wow you do have a few.....;) pics? quote="Macawnutz, post: 2043436, member: 4691"]A have a few..... ;) :rofl:

2 BG
1 scarlet
1 military
1 GW
1 Harlequin
1 Camalot
[/quote]
y

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yes, a few. ;)

Sakie is 57 years old. She was born in 1957. She is very smart and always thinking of her next big naughty plan.
2013-12-27 10.28.18_800x600.jpg

Maui is my youngest. He is almost 3. He is very hyper and loves to play.... the only time he slows down is for a quick head rub.
2014-05-11 11.29.06_800x600.jpg

Rosie is my oldest. She was born in 1941. She has taught me everything I know about birds and I love her without end.
2014-05-21 18.30.32_633x600.jpg

Kailua is 12. I have only had her a year. She is funny and kind, so knows what she wants and how to get it.
2014-05-31 11.44.41_800x600.jpg

Sambuca is three. He is stubborn and loving but we are still figuring him out.... My one word for him is weird. In a good way of course.
2014-06-08 16.58.54_800x600.jpg

Korbel is three. Out of all my birds he has taught me to be the best parront possible and never take no for an answer. He has forever changed me.
2014-06-08 17.02.15_800x600_800x600.jpg

Volar is 16. He is my big ball of hormones and changes his mind like a teenage girl. He always has to bend the rules and I always give in.
2014-08-16 10.16.55_800x600.jpg

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
OMG your birds are beautiful!!!! Did you inherit the older ones???? Do you have outdoor aviary? I love macaws and could easily have that many but my goodness I would be Wall to Wall cages! Lol!! what is your favorite one in the bunch????

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I have a Hahnsie named Guiseppe.
He is sweet and cuddly but also a bit nippy. And when something alarms him.

I will attach a picture when I am on my computer.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
OMG your birds are beautiful!!!! Did you inherit the older ones???? Do you have outdoor aviary? I love macaws and could easily have that many but my goodness I would be Wall to Wall cages! Lol!! what is your favorite one in the bunch????

I work with parrots and have them at home also. The older ones were bought by an elder couple and they have been with me for 17 years. I do not have a dedicated outdoor aviary ( they don't all get along ) but would LOVE one. ;)

I am wall to wall cages, wall to wall toys, playstands. My life is wall to wall BIRD at home and at work. :laugh: I would not have it any other way.

A favorite macaw? That would be Korbel & Rosie. We have been through a lot together.

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I was adopted by a blue and gold - Max. He is 25 years old and a strange bird - literally :) His best feature is being a goofball, helping with laundry, playing in kids play tunnels and pretending he is in a mariachi band when shaking rattles :) His worst feature, he instantly bonded to me when my daughter and the shelter finally 'forced' me into interacting with him, moment he stepped up onto my arm, he claimed me. We joke if I had not agreed to adopt him, he would have stolen the car keys and driven himself home or at least hid in the trunk!! But with the instantly bonding to me, he's not totally trustworthy with other people and can be a real butthead. My husband and daughter are the ones to take him out of his cage regularly to force the issue that he has to behave to get to see mom. I've taught him to stand on a particular perch and he has to step up nicely in order to come out. But he has his moments and wants to battle with someone to come out. He is not mean or aggressive, but he has the potential to be a worry if we did not 'force' him to socialize and mind his manners.

His other worst feature... he loves painted toes... he does not bite, but he will either drag his beak across my toes when I'm not looking (he's a ground dwelling macaw, no one can tell him otherwise) or he grab a toe with his beak and then run like heck (and yes I do mean run or waddle might be more like it) - no bite, just enough to make me jump and he does that evil laugh as he runs off.

He is the only macaw in the home... we are more a too family, but Max definitely belongs with us, even if I was not looking for a macaw!

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

shesocalifornia

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christina
Wow so macaws are like potatoe chips you can't just have one! Lol they remind me of a dog with feathers! But I know some can be hard to deal with. Are the Hahn nippy?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I can definitelyn only have one macaw. Mera is a handful. I'd love to get her another macaw friend. Preferedly another female scarlet but then I'd need to need therapy. Lol. I much rather have cockatoos than multiple macaws.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I can definitelyn only have one macaw. Mera is a handful. I'd love to get her another macaw friend. Preferedly another female scarlet but then I'd need to need therapy. Lol. I much rather have cockatoos than multiple macaws.

and people say tooz are difficult LOL Would not be without a scarlet