• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Gale is home!!

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
So, we got her home and opened her carrier and less than a minute later she stepped out onto the stand we set in front of her. :laugh: She is having a BLAST with everything, we had her much on some food after we weighed her, and then she came right back out of her cage to explore! She's already found the ceiling fan(it stays off when birds are out) but she much prefers the tree stand we build! The foot-toy box is now empty.. as she has taken a liking to throwing things :wacky:

Anyway.. enough rambling!

Her in her carrier:

Checkin' out the familiar stand:

Right to the top!

Wood!!

Fearless! She wants to check out everything!

Gale is doing awesome. I don't have any pictures of her inside her cage yet, but I'll post some soon!! :heart: :heart:

@Jenphilly

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The biggest thing is that she isn't petrified of you and is curious about everything in her new home. That speaks volumes as to how she looks at people. :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: :hug8:

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
We have been visiting her every week since early June(I think?) so she's used to us for the most part :heart:

Here's her relaxing in her cage, not surprised she's tired after the nearly-hour long car ride, and all the playing she did!

She has other perches and toys they're just all out of view from the camera :dancing:

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I love the second one, hanging upside down, like, hey what's down here... So wonderful to see her just jump right into everything!!! Remember to weigh her at about the same time everyday, best way to keep track if she is losing or gaining. She is so adorable!!

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
I love the second one, hanging upside down, like, hey what's down here... So wonderful to see her just jump right into everything!!! Remember to weigh her at about the same time everyday, best way to keep track if she is losing or gaining. She is so adorable!!
She really is curious about everything :) I weighed her tonight so I could figure out what she was to start with, and I'll also be weighing every morning after the morning poo/before breakfast. I expect she will drop a little bit at first then even out before long.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Very cute, congrats on bringing her home. :)

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Also keep in mind, she may lose a tiny bit of weight with all the activity and exercise. She's been hanging out in a cage most of the time I'm sure, now she's gonna be climbing around and being super active, so don't worry too much if she drops a bit more then you expect.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
She is beautiful and you were great with not pushing her. Let her explore and have fun!

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
I think she missed the memo that she's supposed to be Brad's bird.. :lol: :lol:

Today I was cleaning out a foraging toy that's been in a drawer so I could put it in her cage and she would let out an excited-sounding chirp, then launch herself into the air and land on my head! :eek: She did this 4 or 5 times before she distracted herself with her other toys :xflove:

And while we were weighing her this morning, Brad put her on the scale and waited for her to settle down so we could get a good number for her weight, and after she stood still for a few seconds she lifted her foot for Brad to pick her up, then a few seconds later she decided she was tired of waiting and flew to the top of his head! :rofl: She's just too cute, and very agile with her wings. :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats on your new cutie pie.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sounds like fun at your house!

Latency

Real Name
Ashley
Thanks everybody. We're glad she's here haha. Last night we put her to bed and covered her because she was falling asleep on the door of her cage, and not long after she made her way to the bottom and paced back and forth wanting to come back out. So I made Brad go to bed early with me so we didn't keep her up, and I didn't want to take her out again and teach her that things like pacing are OK. :p she does love her cage though. She just wasn't ready for bed apparently :D

SnapV

Real Name
Virginie
She sounds like so much fun :) and she's really cute ! Congrats!