• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally Did A (Safe) Intoduction

StacyMadl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stacy Madl
So I have my Amazon Niblet and my new addition, my GCC Spootchies. Niblet always seemed like he wanted to fly off his playstand to wherever Spootchies was. After 3 days I said to my mom, I don't think he's being aggressive, I think he is just curious. Also they are never out unsupurvise and they are on opppsite sides of the room. Anyways so with my mom holding Spootchies and me holding Niblet we sat on the couch, a good two or three feet between the birds, with both of us between them to block them should anyone fly. It was just enough so they could get a good look at each other and interact from a safe distance. It was great. After I moved farther way and played with Niblet on the floor and it was great because as I mentioned in another post Niblet was jealous of the new kid on the block and he was angry at me for it but he was such a sweet heart today. Now he seems like he doesn't want to fly over anymore now that he knows what is going out. Either way they will always be supervised while out, it doesn't matter if it is even just one of them out. but it makes me feel better that he isn't looking like he is going to fly as often. Such a good morning!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I have two blue front Amazons and I'm worried about them being out at the same time. It's always supervised and across the room from each other.

They've lived in the same house for years and years. Just takes a second though for something bad to happen

StacyMadl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stacy Madl
Yeap , my thoughts exactly. Whenever my mom says anything that sounds like letting something slide (like useing teflon "just one") I always remind her it only takes once. I am semi living between my mothers place and my boyfriends mothers untill we get a place in a month or so, so my Spootchies is at my moms and it's a tiny 1 bedroom apartment. Kitchen, living room, dining room are pretty much on big room with a few diving walls, and the cages are in the only places with room for them to be. I wish one of them could be in the bedroom but they wouldn't fit. And I do like the fact while they are out (supervised always) that niblet realises Spootchies is a friend so if a horrible mistake was ever made and they somehow wound up together unsupervised then maybe niblet would realise he is a friend/pet/regular thing not a play toy/something new or scary. You know what I mean, never would they intentionally be out together, but I like to think if somehow it happened niblet would be better prepared to deal with it safley untill I was there to scoop them up.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I worry about one landing on the others cage. I've read stories on here of foot injuries that happened that way