• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Is it true...

1BlueBaby

Strolling the yard
Is it true that blue Quakers are less healthy than green ones just due to color alone?

If they are less healthy, can a good diet make a significant difference?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are not less healthy just because of the color. It is possible that specific birds may be less healthy due to inbreeding, however as a whole they are not genetically inferior.

Matt

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I have seen this question asked quite a lot… like said above, neither one or the other are going to be less healthy, because of the color, it has been said however, that the Blue Quakers are smaller than the Green Quakers, I haven’t really taken any notice though (Keiko our Blue Quaker is a rehome, and I have really only seen babies, a few times I have seen adults but didn’t stand there and look at the size difference). :shrug: What I think is that it really comes down to the breeder – parents with good, and strong lines, are going to produce some pretty healthy babies, so if anyone was to get a baby from a breeder, it is best to go to a well known breeder. (I am NOT saying get a baby from a breeder by the way, just saying IF someone was to make the decision to)

With that said, of course they still do need a good, and varied diet! :thumbsup: