• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

an update on the screaming situation

pinkyisblue

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Things have improved so much, its like night and day. Bandit will still scream now and then, and Mochi has learned to use panic calls to "cry wolf" but ultimately things are much better. Bandit gets covered at night and seems to prefer that to sleeping "in the open".

I dont cover her during the day unless I absolutely must sleep, but thats rare, she only screams if she wants me to play with/let her out, or is upset that I am leaving the room. I think thats reasonable since shes out of her cage 80% of the time Im at home and awake. Shes learning that she gets more attention if she uses her words as well, though my husband has accidentally taught her that biting him makes him spaz out, so we have to work on that. She doesn't bite me though ;3

She and Mochi dont really get along but Bandit is perfectly fine flying away from Mochi if needed so I dont worry about them for the most part, i still keep an eye on them though. If they ever end up being besties Id be pretty surprised. They are both people birds for sure. Generally Mochi only visits to steal Bandits food lol

Attachments

mom_2_bo_N_abby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
marlene m
Bo would do the same thing my husband started asking him "need help" when he would squawk...now he says help a101 times until released...lol...