• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures What kind of toys do rats like?

Latency

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ashley
I love that!! :lol: That is just so silly and cute. Luna looks like she's having a blast.

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Rats are SO cool! I secretly want to own one but their tails gross me out. My husband had one growing up. He said it was like a dog and watched tv with him etc. I think it might be a pet we consider when our kids get older. Hopefully by then I'll feel better about their tails
:wtf:

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
So if she's already two I only have about a year(give or take) left with her? :( That makes me kinda sad. I thought they lived to be 5 or 6 for some reason.
Well.. No use in bouncing her from home to home at this age. A year isn't very long, so I might as well enjoy her while she's here and make sure she's happy.
Yeah at this point she's not quite a senior but she's definitely not a young gal. I'd take her in for an exam with a vet if you can, at this age they should go in about every 6 months for a checkup to make sure everything is okay. The biggest thing to look for in rats is respiratory disease and mammary tumors. Pretty much all rats will have some level of respiratory disease (it's something all rats except for certain research strains), how much it will show depends on the individual rat. If you notice any sneezing/wheezing I'd definitely take her in. It sounds scary but quality of life is really good and you can buy them quite a lot of time if you catch it early and are diligent.

Her cage setup looks great, I know lots of rats that love their hammocks to pieces :)