• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

That cement bird poop.

Kevin Mc.

Walking the driveway
I've read that a hand held fabric steamer is great for that cement like bird poop.

I try to clean their grates every night, but if I miss a day, it almost impossible to get it off.

anyone use this method or any good methods to remove that cement like bird poop

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like AviClean. I spray, let it sit for a few minutes and everything wipes right off.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Steam cleaner or Aviclean. I use both methods. Aviclean for me is easier and quicker for daily cleaning, and then I try to use the steam cleaner once a week or every other week depending on how bad the cages are.

I also don't use grates which helps a lot!

Kevin Mc.

Walking the driveway
Mizzley,

I can get away with no grate for my U2, but my M2 reaches through the grate & tries to pull the paper out.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I use a wet paper towel ....just get the stuff wet and it softens. I've put soaking wet paper towels in spots before on the bottom of his play stand so would imagine it would work on grate

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree I just spray with hot water or use a wet rag and let it sit for a few moments and it usually come right off.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Spray it with white vinegar, wait a couple of minutes, then wipe it off. Whole lot cheaper too.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
When I used to put the newspaper under the grates, I would take the grates out and stand them up in my shower, run hot water on them for 5 minutes and it would all come off. Before I would get them out I would of course use a natural dish soap and then rinse well.

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
For years I put paper under the grate. After reading other bird owners put paper on top of them, I tried it. My birds rarely go to the bottom so I no longer have to wash grates. I wish I did this so much earlier.

Have you tried paper on top?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I like using a solution of vinegar and water (usually about 50/50), spray on, let sit, then clean up, although I do have a steam cleaner, too! It works well but I don't use it often.

Kevin Mc.

Walking the driveway
tried the vinegar last night, sprayed the grate, then went on to changing the paper & wiping down the seed guards. I used baby wipes on the grate & while it didn't get everything off, I was pleased. I will continue to do the vinegar in a spray bottle.