• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where can I get pre-cut veggie/fruit and dried fruits?

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Can I get this at walmart or something? I'd like precut up food so I can give to my lovebird, he's still experimenting with what he likes, haven't found anything yet. and is there any real nutritional sealed human food you can give them? thanks!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Walmart does sell fresh pre-washed and cut veggies in their produce section such as green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash. Other choices to try would be fresh corn on the cob, pea pods or zucchini. You could always try some of the sliced and diced frozen veggies too. Mine like frozen mixed veggies with corn and peas. Another favorite here is a steamed sweet potato. Hang some leafy greens up for him to nibble on, such as Kale.

I wouldn't bother with the dried fruit. They're usually filled with too much sugar and sulfur dioxide. Try fresh fruits, kiwi or mango. Berries of any kind are very nutritious. Blueberries are a favorite here. Cantaloupe and watermelon is a favored treat.

HollyT

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Holly
Just something to consider with precut veggies and fruits. Most grocery stores these days will have them. They are useful for quick meal prep or for people who live alone. But they can also harbor bacteria quicker than whole foods. You also have little to no control over how those foods where handled when prepped. If you do purchase and use, make sure you rinse them with water and maybe Apple Cider Vinegar before you feed them.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
My safe bird store has bountiful harvest.