• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I want to build a playgym/playstand

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Yeah, i think i've problems building the right stand for my birds.

Well, since the budgies are in the aviary the house feels kinda quiet, and i was thinking on building a cool stand or playgym to my future bourke/'tiels, since all of them will be hand fed and i will bring them home to hang out with them. I know my budgies are happiest in the aviary that is why i don't bring them home.

When my fids were at home, they playgym was a bunch of sticks on the walls and the sealing full of toys and such. It was great! But i figured it is a mess to clean everything up and i wanted to do something with style and fun but not as big as the one they had. Maybe something taller than wider. And since here in argentina there is no way to get one i have to build it myself.

Which are the best brands or models of stands/gyms for 'tiels/bourkes? Can someone post some pics?

I envy you guys sometimes with so much variety on ANYTHING bird related. Here we're kinda old fashion and we've to build things on our own...

Then again, if i were the president...

Thank you!

Ps: here is the one i built a little while ago. But even though i like it i'd like to make something bigger.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Probably not much help, but this is a play area I done myself, and both Budgies and Cockatiels use it.

Coki

Avenue Veteran
Holy cow! It looks really fun! Thank you for sharing that pics with me :)

Coki

Avenue Veteran
It surely looks wonderful! so far i'm saving pics to get an idea of what to do within my possibilities, thank you everyone for sharing!

Coki

Avenue Veteran
What is an ikea?

If it is some kind of shop or something like that, nope. Nobody in Argentina sells toys (atleast good ones) perches or stands for birds. What i do is try to copy the ones they sell in other countries. I believe just europe and north america commerce bird's accesories. To make it better our president closed importations so we "develope" our stuff, what means even the commoner things are hard to get right now. :-\

I'm seriously planning to start building stuff for birds, i just need to do a lot of research first xD

LovieLuvr

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
@safehaven and @Renae You guys have fun setups! How do you guys determine which branches are safe for everyone? My husband brought some cool ones home, but I haven't used them because I'm scared that they won't be safe. :(