• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So hard not to fall in love....

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I spent a pretty long day at the shelter helping with water / food while the owner made a road trip up north.. kinda like birdie babysitting :) after (well during too) all the bowl cleaning and refilling, the perk is getting to play and interact with do many birds :)

After taking care of shelter and their personal birds, I headed up for quarantine babies, knowing there were newbies I had not met. It took all I had not to stuff the latest sun into my shirt and just say hey sorry gotta run :) he is 18 or so, has been left in his cage super quiet and just desperately wanted to snuggle. I helped with blood samples and even after that all he wanted to do was preen my finger and snuggle under my chin.... I am so in love with this little guy. .. broke my heart and stole it at the same time!!! We are fostering so I can't adopt anyone else, but someone explain that to the emotional side who just wants to spoil him rotten!!!!

Here is my new boyfriend, Sonny.... I'll have to add him to the list of birds I can't work with... Both sides get attached :(

But isn't he handsome!!! Posted here, he's not mine but I'm just whining wishing he was, so close.... sigh...

Attachments

Cyreen

Couldn't do it. It'd break my heart.

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette
Very cute, great for you for doing that!! I wish to one day foster in my home as well...once we buy a house. I hope he finds a great home.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
If he comes to foster he's not leaving... just saying :) I'm sure Max and Ivory won't notice one bright little spot of sun :) spoiled brats should be willing to share. .. right!!!!???? :) :lol:

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I have to remind myself that fostering and finding wonderful homes is the point and goal.... if I keep any, that's a cage I don't have ready for the next baby that needs help. We have fostered before, first time for birds, finding it more emotional.... we helped with orphaned kittens with the humane league and those were no problem sending back for adoption. Not sure why with birds it's a bit more heart wrenching. ... that or I'm turning into a huge softee in my old age :)