• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Deformed baby from deformed egg!?

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
Tiny's neck improves every day. The past two days I have done some neck exercises which seems to have helped.

Here are some pictures of Tiny today. 3 weeks and 2 days old.
View attachment 181343
View attachment 181344
What a cutie pie! I hope the exercises help. Maybe he likes to tilt his head to watch what is happening around him. I tilt my head at times to watch tv. I hope he turns out normal.

Caza66

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Yay. Hope it stays like that. Do you think the exercises helped?

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great news. :dance4: I hope the two continue to do well. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Tweeky

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kathleen
Oh my gosh he's a cutie. Please continue to post pictures. :heart:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Thanks for the update. I'm glad he's improving. Let us know if he continues to improve.

Sjazzmean

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Yasmin
Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for the concern :hug8:

Both babies are doing great! The little one is still so small though, can't fly well (the big one fly like an adult (since 8 days) ago and is only 4 days older) and still have some neck problems when relaxing (though much better than before) - so I will bring it with me to the vet, when I go for their DNA tests.
The big one is like the father and the small like the mother personality wise, so I have a feeling that hints their gender.

Last edited:

Robyn

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
I just saw this thread how did the vet visit go?

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
OH MY YOU HAVE DONE AN AMAZING JOB IM SO HAPPY THE BIG ONE DOSENT SEEM TO HAVE PROBLEMS AND IM GLAD YOU DIDNT DISTROY THE DEFORMED EGG

IM SHOCKED IN SEEING THE BIG DIF IN

JUST DAYS APART 1 FULLY FEATHERED THE OTHER NOT YES I KNOW A DAY MAKES A DIF BUT I ONLY RAISED 1 BABY FROM A FEW DAYS OLD SO IT HAS NEVER ACURED TO ME THAT ALL WOULD NOT FEATHER SAME TIME I JUST NEVER THOUGHT ABOT IT TILL SEEING YOUR 2

KEEP UPTHE GOOD WORK AND YES IM SURE ITS TO SOON FOR THE MOM TO BE LAYING AGAIN SHE NEEDS A GOOD REST . ID REMOVE THE MALE IF AT ALL POSABLE , I ALSO KNOW THAT MIGHT NOT STOP HER FROM LAYING EGGS BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL KNOW THEY ARE NOT FERTELL YOUR NOT DISTROYING LIFE
OK IM FUNNY THAT WAY SORRY WASNT JUDGING YOU IN ANY WAY ITS HOW I THINK OF THINGS AND FEEL ONCE ITS FERTAL ITS A LIFE , HOPE THE EGGS YOU GAVE HER STOPS HER FROM LAYING
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

Sjazzmean

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Yasmin
Thank you!
The vet visit went well, they were both healthy and there was no need to do an xray on the big one.
The big one lives with my friend now, as it was a male and did not get along with the father. He moved when he was 12 weeks. I see him weekly. The little one still lives here and stay, she is still tiny compared to other cockatiels. :)

:hug8:

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
So the deformed egg did not affect the bird physically other than size? I am wondering if you still have to worry about her reproductive organs. I wish her well. I hope you post up pic periodically.

Sjazzmean

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Yasmin
The vet said both was very healthy looking and there was nothing abnormal to feel on their bodies. She did offer a xray on the big one, but said personally she thought there was no need to stress the bird out to have one done, as there was nothing alarming to feel or see.
Same with the small one, she said it had a small neck injury possibly from when mom injured it by mistake because of the fragile size. However, it is to no bother and pain for the baby, the neck just have a little tilt when Tiny (the baby) is relaxing.
image.jpg

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Too cute!!!! :heart: :heart:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Alls well that ends well thanks for update and thanks for being you for not destroying the egg , every thing worked out great
hugsss

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's adorable!

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
Oh my word! They look gorgeous! And to think that they were so odd when they hatched!!! :D