• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tiel people HELP!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Snuggles have developed a discoloration around his eye. We have a vet app't and I have a call into the vet also. Have you ever seen something like this? Sorry for the focus, but you can see the discoloration. He acts the same, eating, drinking, feces, urination all the same. I wish Anne was here. I would call her. :(

SNUGGLES 1.JPG

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Is it the dark color above his nares? Do you see any discharge from his eyes or nares?

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
When is your vet appointment, hopefully soon so you don't have to worry too long. I wish Anne was here too. :hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just sent the vet tech the pic and asked her to show the vet. Can't get an app't with my vet today or tomorrow but I'll take the other vet is necessary. Maybe if I beg he will see (the regular) in between surgeries tomorrow.

Last edited:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
He could have a respiratory infection of some kind, or just general irritation. (Like dust/a seed in the nostrils, dust in the eyes, etc.) Has he been sneezing at all?

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No sneezing. Just left an urgent message for the vet. I don't think it is dried blood. I am ready to take him to any of their vets today if that's what he tells me to do.

Last edited:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Would he tolerate a moist q-tip used to clean up the area a little? If it's sticky, it's probably nasal/eye discharge. But it sounds like you're on top of things with getting him to the vet, and they'll know what it is. :hug8: I wouldn't fret too much in the meantime if he is acting normal.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:hug8: Hope it's nothing serious..

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Would he tolerate a moist q-tip used to clean up the area a little? If it's sticky, it's probably nasal/eye discharge. But it sounds like you're on top of things with getting him to the vet, and they'll know what it is. :hug8: I wouldn't fret too much in the meantime if he is acting normal.

He might tolerate it. I have ever had to do before. There is no behavior out of the norm. I wish somebody would get back to me.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The vet tech called and said she showed the vet the better photo. The vet said if the discoloration stays
the same, it can wait til Thursday when we have an appointment to recheck the meds he takes for the picking.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Hey, Terri. Sorry the little guy has a problem. It does look a lot like the drainage two of my tiels had when they got a seed or a seed shell caught in their nares about ten years ago. My vet said there was so much drainage because the body was trying to flush the seed out with mucous. All Dr. Stern did was use a tiny pair of forceps to remove the seed and then flush the nares with saline. I hope Snuggles' problem is as easily fixed as Chip's was. Five years later when Tasha had the same problem, I removed and flushed a seed shell out of her nose. Same kind of drainage and same problem. Hang in there, I think Snuggles will be fine.

Yeah. I miss Anne a lot, too... :(. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Could be he bruised it? Toy dye? Hope its nothing serious, try to clean it with a moist Q tip and see what color the Qtip is, :hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I doubt he bruised it and it's not toy dye. He is still acting perfectly normal with no change, no head shaking or yawning. I'll be keeping a closer eye on him til Thursday, when he sees the vet. He is a very sweet bird. Gets a little cranky after I put back the full food bowl, but that's it.