• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mopar, my little crazy BFA

lpolliard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leroy
He does seem to have some good poses! lol! It look him a little bit of time to realize the camera wasn't going to hurt him. :) and that his owner is crazy with it at times!

Here's one from bath time today. Caught him before he fluffed all the water droplets away. I just love the way their feathers look in the sunlight! They almost glow!
I like this one out of the many very nice pics. Makes me want to get a nice camera.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
I like this one out of the many very nice pics. Makes me want to get a nice camera.
It's so much fun. Even a mid-level DSLR will give you wonderful results. It's hard to go back to using a old point and shoot after having a DSLR! :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Was he wet in the last picture or just regular black and white photo?

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
He was about to do the fluff and shake of the feathers. :) Wasn't wet for these ones.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski

Finally was able to catch *a little* bit of Mopar doing his "upside down birdie" trick.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Loved the video clip. Does Mopar whisper?

Awesome chewed up ladder....MC loves a ladder.

I put foot toys in a stainless steel bowl on the bottom of MC's cage and he will go down, sort through and pull one up to a perch to gnaw on it.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
LOL, yes he does! He says "I see you" in the creepiest whisper voice. He's also been singing to himself when playing. I have a video clip of that, but I don't think the sound worked that well. I'll try to upload it later. :)

He does enjoy foot toys, too. I have a rubber kong toy and a whiffle ball on the cage grate for him to grab.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski

Took him outside today on the harness for some flight time., as it wasn't that cold today. He is still getting used to the harness, so it can be quite awkward. lol! there's just something about seeing a parrot fly. Wish I was able to catch the flight on camera.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Mopar is stunning.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful little guy!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
He is so beautiful! I have one word of caution about the long chain with the bell on it though from something that happened here 3-4 years ago. I had a long chain with a bell toy for Henry that was originally filled with wood blocks that he eventually destroyed all the blocks and left the long chain as you have. One evening during his rowdy play hanging upside down in his cage he managed to get the chain wrapped around his neck and there was no way he would have been able to get out of it. When I heard him making an amazon growl I went to see what he was doing and saw him hanging there. I don't think I've ever been so panicked trying to get that chain off with him flapping around distressed and in full amazon attack mode in his struggle. Terrifying just doesn't describe this situation and fortunately we were able to get the chain off without suffering any injuries. Had I not been home I have no doubt it would have killed him.