• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

15 week old B&G

jld8887

Meeting neighbors
I could only get Kaiju to take about 70CCs this morning. Her norm is 120 which she has taken two times a day for the last two days.
Should I be concerned? She is 16 weeks old. She wasn't crying before I fed her but the breeder had told me to feed between 7-8 am and then again between 3-4. For about 2-3 more weeks. She's nibbling her fresh foods and pellets. I took her because I didn't want her force weaned and I'm somewhat experienced in handfeeding although it has admittedly been years.

Her wings have a major clip and she hasn't tried flying or anything.

Oops just noticed I wrote 15 weeks old on the title! I'm all over the place. Lol

Last edited:

jld8887

Meeting neighbors
The breeder also told me she was 14 weeks but according to the paper work she was born April 6th and that is 16 weeks.

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
She is lovely. Could she possibly be self weaning. Im not very experienced in this as i have only ever hand fed a lovebird . but id think if she is taking in solids perhaps shes a littl fuller and thus her backing off on tge formula some?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sounds like she decided to only take 70ccs. Is she behaving normal otherwise? You said she is nibbling solids now? :)

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Sounds like she's not so interested in her feedings as much - just feed her as much as she takes each time. Sounds like she'll likely refuse her night feedings sooner rather than later. Let her make the choice :)

Make sure you do weigh her before every feeding to ensure she's retaining weight, and make note of any odd behaviour.

I miss baby macaw smells. Fruit loops. Mmmmm.

Mintymarie14

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Montanna
It sounds like she is self weaning but im not 100 percent sure... i recently started weaning my baby pink and grey galah and he is doing amazing and already tries to talk :) and he did the same thing when i fed him he started eating less formula and mores seeds and fruit now he doesnt need any formula and dont worry i got worried to but it all went smoothly so dont worry! :) :cool: :galah2: :bgm: