• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Am I missing anything?

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Opie is due to come home next weekend! I am soooo excited! :) So now I am in the final phase of obsessive shopping to make sure I am prepared! Below is what I have so far, am I missing anything?

Cage, perches (flat & natural wood), sleep tent, snuggle ring/swing), hanging toys, foraging toy, foot toys, boing, & bowls.

Volkmans Parrotlet seed, mineral block, cuttle bone, millet spray, just raspberries (dehydrated for treats), Nutriberries as treats, Momma Bird birdie bread mix, Small bird sprout mix from sproutpeople.com, and of course fresh foods. *Thinking of ordering Harrison's High Potency Ultra Fine as less than 20% of his diet, but still undecided here since he is blue.

Other random items - Bee pollen crumbles as supplement, GSE, carrier, and table top play gym.

Did I miss anything? Sorry if this is a crazy post, I am a bit of a crazed planner ;)

Oh also - would you say a featherlight bulb would be a good thing to get? The cage will get some natural light, but we live in the woods and that side of the house is usually shaded.

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
You sound like a very prepared parront! :) I don't know much about a featherlight bulb. My birds sit by the windows and we have a lot of sun but i would say it might be good if they won't be getting enough. Sunshine can do magical things for birds. Vrindarika and Gopal are always in a better mood if they have more sunlight. The only thing I would also suggest getting is a place for them to sleep. I found they sleep a whole lot better. We use these: Snuggle Hut and we covered the back with cloth. I noticed the parrotlets feel safer and stay warmer if the back is closed. Parrotlets snuggle as babies so having the back to squish against made them feel safe! :laugh:
(Especially since Vrindarika and Gopal are brother and sister, they always wanted to squeeze into the same one to feel safe. This way they don't have to!) :lol:

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Thanks so much! I got a snuggle hut, and am thinking about the featherbrite lamp still. Maybe I should get it once the weather cools down too much to sit outside (in a cage of course)!

PS- Your two are sooo cute! Love that pic of them in your signature! :heart:

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
@MissingMango You are more than welcome! I had no idea what to buy when we got the parrotlets, and I know how stressful that can be! :lol: Hope they like it as much as my two do! That Fetherbrite lamp sounds like a good idea! Thank you, I love that picture of Gopal and Vrindarika too! Post pictures once you get Opie! I bet he'll be super adorable!! Oh, and this is a little overdue but welcome to the community!! :)

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Thank you! I will post tons of pics when he comes home...hopefully this weekend if he seems ready! :dance5:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congrats on your new addition

MissingMango

Walking the driveway
Thanks! I just spoke to the breeder today and I go to pick him up Sunday at 2!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :dance4: