• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucy update

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
She's being very ornery lately which tells me maturity is looking as most went the same way and she's going through spates of desperately needing company to shying away (leaning so far back off the perch she falls off it :huh:).

You can see from the piccies she will tolerate being touched anywhere.....except her head for scritches. I can only do that when her beak is locked onto a piece of my skin. :shifty:

I can tickle under her wings, lift her wings but she is definitely still head shy and often forgets herself with nipping. She will quite often lunge at a finger approaching only to realise it's safe after ones finger has been annihilated with pinprick beak stabbings.

I am frustrated and I wonder what has got her to the stage of mistrust in such a short amount of time in her life and wonder how long it will take to help smooth it down with her. I will keep plodding and keep on having pincushion fingers.

Her latest conquest is on the first finger complete with bruising.
My hands are more sensitive as I am midst a rheumatic flare up again so my hands don't normally look as swollen as they are there.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Jam, sorry about the RA flare up, but that sure is a beauty! :hug8:

Reactions: JAM

Mariannee

Avenue Veteran
Such pretty bright feathers. :dance5:

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
I missed this thread!! She is so gorgeous! Hope your feeling better too!

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I missed this thread!! She is so gorgeous! Hope your feeling better too!
Thank you and I am slowly getting there although I have a tendon injury that is just not healing properly and more than likely due to the RA. I haven't got that much swelling but I have a raging heat in my joints. The Physio noted it and was a bit concerned. I see my rheumatologist in two weeks time so will see what he suggests. I just don't want prednisone for a while, I can't do the side effects despite the joint relief. It's a wonder drug but you wonder just how much other effects it is going to leave with you. :(

Lucy (Lucifer) is become even more friendly, but in the cage especially she lunges and goes to bite then remembers we aren't bad. It's horrible to think she feels the need to protect herself like that and I hope one day she dips her head for a scritch instead of remove several layers of skin. :shifty: