• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Baby Birdie, hatched Oct 23

maddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Malene
I have no idea. Chick #2 we handled quite a lot, and thinking that it might be a trigger, we left this one alone. I've only just started to pick her up a few days back when the plucking seemed to stop and all the yellow tufts appeared. It seems that they are finally left alone. I've seen Sally preen the baby when baby is snuggling inside my scarf, but only very lovingly.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Adorable!

maddie

Real Name
Malene
A very tired little bird, taking a nap in my sweater. I can't believe how trustful he is. He (or she) will soon move out soon and start his new life in a new family who are eagerly awaiting his arrival. He eats well on his own and sleeps alone, begs a little food every now and then from his Mom, but I reckon it's a comfort/bonding thing now more than a necessity.

I will weep buckets :crycry: saying goodbye to this little darling, but he will have a wonderful life with people who knows how to keep him safe and happy.
And I will get over it...

kylling 3 putter 8 dec.jpg

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: :heart: ...too adorable for words..!!

maddie

Real Name
Malene
This summer I've had a chance to know my little baby once more. The family that got her had a problem getting a birdsitter for 3 weeks, and as I had mentioned as I handed her over at Christmas, that should they ever need a sitter, I was just a phone call away, they asked me. OF COURSE I'd take her in. She was such a doll. Still is. One with a rather fierce bite, that is.

So three weeks is almost up, and she bites a lot less now. Sally and Teq surely has no recollection of her being their offspring, so she is just an intruder, but I have to say that even if they keep a distance, that distance is narrower and narrower.

its been a real privilege to get to know her once more. She is welcome back anytime. I hope she wont be too lonely, going back to her family, but i'm sure they will give her lots and lots of attention, as I know they missed her badly.

See you next time, Mcfly :)

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's a cutie. Glad you got to spend some time with her. :)

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh my goodness I so got the HAL reference, AWESOME books and movie!!! :laughing12: