• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

help

i was wondering should i let them out of there cagebecause once i did and he kept bumping into walls

• ???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ????

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
Hi Gabriela, welcome!

If you have a smaller and safer room to let your birds out in, such as a bathroom with the shower curtain/doors closed, toilet lid down, closets and cabinets and drawers closed, and any other small or dangerous areas covered or removed, this is a better way to teach them that they can feel safe outside of the cage. If they're new birds, they could be skittish and flying around aimlessly because they're panicked. A smaller space means fewer things to get stuck in or behind or to crash into. You can also use this smaller space to get them more accustomed to you if you're nearby and speaking softly to them or offering them food.

You don't mention how long you've had them but it sounds like if they've only been let out of the cage on one occasion, they may be new to the home and scared. Often new birds need a few days to acclimate to their new surroundings and I would recommend letting them stay in their cage relatively undisturbed anyway.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Good advice. Start with small steps in a small room like said. Cover any glass. The bedroom is a good place too because there is a soft landing.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:welave: :AArocks:How is the out of cage time going?