• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Watery Poop?

Einstein'sMommy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Monica
I am very tempted to take Einstein into the vet right now... He seems to poop very frequently, (as in every 4 or 5 minutes) when he is out hanging with me. It is mostly liquid and very little poop. The poop in his cage is a mixture between normal poop and this watery discharge I am seeing recently. Any advice on what this is or may be? I am very worried!

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Usually if it is watery it is from something they have eaten recently having high water content. What has he been eating??

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes , had he eating a lot of fruit or veggies in the past day?

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Lots of watery fruits tend to make Roma's watery. The last 2 days he has eaten watermelon, cantelope, banana and pineapple for breakfast and they are pretty watery and frequent.

Tongue Flicker

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Neil Moreton

It could be just uriates (reptile and bird form of urine) or could be a mild diarrhea. Is it still pooping like that? How is he?

Einstein'sMommy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Monica
He hasn't had any fruits and veggies yesterday or today because of the watery poops and it's still going on.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is it just when he's hanging out with you?

Einstein'sMommy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Monica
From what I see, it happens more often when he's with me.. But there is still some watery poops in his cage as well...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If he is also drinking a lot of water then it's time see the vet. That would be a cause for concern. What "does" Einstein eat?

Einstein'sMommy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Monica
If he is also drinking a lot of water then it's time see the vet. That would be a cause for concern. What "does" the bird eat?
He isn't drinking abnormally much. I actually haven't seen a difference in his water intake. But he loves taking baths and showers if that has anything to do with it... He usually gets a serving of veggies in the morning and evening and I free-feed pellets 24/7. I feed Zupreem Naturals but am weaning him onto Roudybush and he is taking to it pretty well! For the past 2 days he has eaten all of his Roudybush pellets and left his Zupreem ones...

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
He's intaking a lot of water during baths/showers obviously. Lots of birds do that. It's not like he consciously seeks out water to drink which would mean he's always thirsty. That is the concern. I personally would not be too concerned knowing that.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Yep, lots of watery/runny poops after showers here too!