• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*Found!* Can't find my parrotlet

Tweeky

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kathleen
Strangely enough the cat usually tells me where they are.. My friend calls it silent running. They sit there watching you tear up the house looking for them!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Glad you found your baby.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
So relieved he is safe and sound and back in his cage.

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
:leslieatwork: Glad he is back in his cage. Sleep well.

JudiNH

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Whew! Great news!

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
Little stinker!! :lol: My lovebird has done this to me. Once I couldn't find him...I looked and looked, and finally noticed him standing on a shelf nearby. As soon as I made eye contact he chirped loudly and flew around the room. He thought it was very funny!! He had watched me looking and callling for him, all the while not making a peep. :rofl:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad you found Snowflake. I've had birds go missing, too. It usually happens when they have let themselves out of their cages when I've not been home or I've not closed the cages correctly. Luckily I've always found them but it is scary when one has no idea where they've gone and they don't respond when you call them.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
That's also how one of our tiel fabies ended up with the name Tater Tot - long story short, chipmunk got into house by gnawing through screen. Get home, birds are freaked, chipmunk also. Get chipmunk out, search for birds. Account for ALL except 1 - giving up hope - might have got out through hole in screen. 45 minutes later, notice tiel very, very quietly perched :innocent: :innocent: on 1 of 2 raw potatoes sitting on kitchen counter, :bonnie: watching us lose our minds :headsmack: :headsmack: - ergo Tater Tot.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I'm glad he is back safe!

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Little stinker!

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Thank goodness you found him! :hug8:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Well, it sounds like at least Snowflake had a good nights sleep. :hehe: I once "lost" a lovebird for quite a while. I, too, live in clutter so there are many hiding places. I eventually determined, by tiny little sounds, that she was in the office, but for the life of me couldn't find her anywhere. Turns out the tiny sounds I was hearing were her little feet as she ran around in the bottom of my empty water bottle that was in the cup holder of my exercise machine! She never made a peep, even ONCE. the little stinker!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Glad you were able to find your baby :)

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Not just Snowflake, but fids can be little stinkers about hiding and not making a peep while a worried parront has the "body in the ditch" (as I call it) mental image. The you find the little monster sitting very quietly somewhere where they could watch you go nuts the whole time. I am positive they sit there and giggle too.
LOL! That's exactly what they do. I bet they laugh really hard on us. Pixar should do an animation or something of this situation. It's just too funny :rofl:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
What gets me is they usually call me as soon as I go out of sight. But do they answer my calls when they are out of sight? And yes, mine also will be found silently sitting in plain sight but in a non-typical place, watching me, when I am frantically looking for them. Little stinkers!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Well, when I found Fynn after a couple hours of searching, he wasn't in plain sight, he was in my closet just chillin'. He had gotten in under the door. :rolleyes:

bellas momma

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
Bella went missing last week on me I looked everywhere called for her nothing. She always stays on her cage or jumps on the chair and calls me in the other room but, she didn't make a noise. I get down on my knees to look under cage and chair my hearts racing at this point already and she jumps out from under the paper towels on the bottom of her cage and says Boo. She waited till my head was even with the bottom and I was eye level. Then she runs back under again saying peck a boo. Lil stinkers was laying flat so the towels didn't look any different.

BirdBrained

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manda
So relieved to hear that you found him. Stories like this make me glad my birds are confined to one room. :cautious: