• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is Sage's Stash! HQ Cage Comes in Today!

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I'm so excited, although s/he'll have supervised time only in the large cage for a while, since she's still unsure of side bars and tends to get stuck.

S/he's also only played with a few foot toys, since I've wanted him to "play" with different foods, instead. The slingy and blue ball in upper left are recycled from about 2 years ago. IMG_5964.jpg

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
I don't intend to buy anything else for a while, but if anyone knows of anything I really should plan on getting, please let me know. Although I have several perches, I have yet to purchase a bungee.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
No, I didn't make anything. I've just been searching the city's pet and bird shops every time I end up near one. I also ordered a couple of these items. Some of the toys (new still with tags) were purchased and stashed away for my four English budgies, but they have plenty of toys right now. And Sage has several perches in his play cage (soon to be much larger!) and his sleep cage. :)

I think s/he's set and the only thing I have left to do is get a DNA test done!

Last edited:

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I'm so excited, although s/he'll have supervised time only in the large cage for a while, since she's still unsure of side bars and tends to get stuck.

S/he's also only played with a few foot toys, since I've wanted him to "play" with different foods, instead. The slingy and blue ball in upper left are recycled from about 2 years ago. View attachment 180956
What do you mean the bird tends to get stuck? What does and where?

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
What do you mean the bird tends to get stuck? What does and where?
He climbs all the way up to the top of his small cage right now and can't figure out how to get down! :laugh: (He's in an 18 X 18 X 30 high ?) right now. (Sleep cage is 24 X 16 X 16 high) He just moved to the taller cage and is getting better, :laughing12: But I still want to be cautious!

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
lol. I originally thought a body part was getting stuck. Good to know it's just inexperience on the bird's part.

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Yeah, he's just a baby, and I'm going to be leaving him for a whole week starting August 5, although my husband, two teens and twenty-three year old will be here. Two of the four - who have bird experience - will care for him, but I am wondering about our bond. :( Everything I'm doing right now is with that in mind - especially trying to teach him to like easy to prepare foods like birdie bread and frozen wild rice mixes (just take out and heat). Sage is my number one project until I leave. :cheer: