• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can Someone Please upload my new siggy?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I follow directions but just cannot seem to get it fixed. Thanks for any help.

Untitled-self.jpg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
What is your signature doing or not doing specifically when you try to change it?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The URL does not work for me. I can make them, just not upload.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Dianne you need to upload them to an off site hosting service like photobucket and then copy the image code to use. If the url is not working then you are not using the correct code

Instructions are here HOW TO: SIGNATURES | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Where do I find the image code and is that what it is called ?

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
what service are you using?

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
The codes you're grabbing appear to be a different "language" than the one forums use. If there is one listed as a BB code and starts with IMG tags in square brackets, use those. Anything with the greater than/less than brackets won't get used. Instead of using the iframe tag, you can just use the URL for your image in the tags for img.
Code:
[img]https://bn1304files.storage.live.com/y2m0ZxdSqbZbF0tyo7ubrz_NOOVEwd_K_7Gs0F9kPQ6sGXEdicQuIP4gU5B1cpzWCjbxd-GwqWFiJCt8HeDYHvH2Wjhjvuy5oA0QQbYpzZ37pw/summer.jpg[/img]
(summer fun image)
or
Code:
[img]https://dz2u3q.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2mG_fYJyuN1Wflshx3Ri1PgsrhpNx8ewPQ9ghSmchfiZeephzu4lWUKdSbuIM-6f6OPIjdJUB_qPjkMNKa1Tq09Pmr1CSa6qvBinskbvP0C2iV0plekVJWgUPvOp64Xkr7/Untitled-self.jpg[/img]
(english budgies image)

(I took a kind of roundabout way to get the original and full sized images - the OneDrive links take you to thumbnail pages with links, so when I saw the full size/original images, I right-clicked and selected Copy Image Location. Since these are your images, you should have access to the "direct link" for the images. If you do, you can copy this link and click the button on the forum to embed an image and just paste the link.)

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
It is the IMG code on photo bucket

Screen shot 2014-07-19 at 8.25.51 PM.png

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I go to signatures and hit the image button then paste in this code. Nothing happens except I get a small square top of image that is already there with an X. I think I will just give up on this effort. Thanks to those who are trying to help me.

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
You don't need the whole code for your signature. Photobucket is assuming you're making a small window on an HTML page to put the image in - it's got a different context for the link it's giving you. The link you're receiving in the <iframe> code isn't an image either (I think it's the page to view the thumbnail of the image). Use this one:
https://dz2u3q.bn1304.livefilestore...vP0C2iV0plekVJWgUPvOp64Xkr7/Untitled-self.jpg

(Click on the link to open the full URL, and copy it from the address bar)
Click the image button and paste just this link and it should work.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks so much Pinkdagger. Your instructions worked!! Where did you get the link from in your message so that I will know how to do this in the future?

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
No problem!

The <iframe> link you received had a link, so I clicked it and it took me to a page with a small version of the image. I clicked the smaller image, it took me to your OneDrive with the image on a separate page and a menu on the side with the image's information. Right-click the image, click View Original, and that opens up the image by itself in a new window as a .JPG. Copy the address bar from this last window and it should work. I'm sure there's an easier way when you're logged in as the person who uploaded it, but since it's all on OneDrive, I'm not familiar with what they provide you when you're logged in! :confused:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You would think this process could be simplified. Thanks again so much for your excellent teaching.