• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Talking into a bell?

Ifrit

Strolling the yard
I was at my friend Peter's shop yesterday and there was a lovely blue-colored ringneck in his own cage near the front end of the shop. While I was socializing with Ralphie the OWA, suddenly we heard a strange noise coming from his cage. When we looked over, the ringneck was singing up into a bell because he liked the echo. Apparently he does this all the time.

Is this a normal thing for ringnecks to do or is this little guy some sort of awesome?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is not a ringneck thing. It is more of an individual thing. Some birds will scream into an empty metal food bowl to get the same results.

Matt

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Different birds will do this. Mine uses a metal bucket to talk into. There is a ss steel toy called a megaphone and birds love talking into that. Hillarious and they are such fun to watch doing this.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan, our IRN, had an unusual use for his bells. Actually,, it was a set of three bells, the middle bell hung a little higher than the outer bells. Titan would hold on to the outer bells,and stick his head inside the middle bell to sleep at night. :geek: It looked to be very uncomfortable, but that's the way he did it.
Unfortunately, the bell in the middle broke off, and the whole thing became dangerous,so it's long gone. Titan does have a large bell in his cage now, but he doesn't stick his head in it- he just bats at it when he wants attention... :rolleyes:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
A friend from work ahd told me that her sister suggested opening your pursen and yelling into it when ticked off @ work by your boss. Maybe that's what these fids are doing ....

Ifrit

Strolling the yard
A friend from work ahd told me that her sister suggested opening your pursen and yelling into it when ticked off @ work by your boss. Maybe that's what these fids are doing ....
Could be! haha. Or maybe its protection from mind-reading aliens. :wacky:

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
Nila does his evil genius laugh into a coup cup, it's so funny.
He also sits on the dishwash and says Whatcha doing into cups, jars and pots as I unload them. I think he likes the soup pot best, Whatcha doing isn't enough for it, he has whole conversations with it.

BradG

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brad
Living with 2 weird ringies for almost 9 years, nothing surprises me as to how they entertain themselves :hehe: It's fun to hear from others as to what their peculiar quirks are :dance4:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some of my birds talk into their food bowls. Gives their voice a strange, different resonance. :)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Darwin often says "bye" to me with his head in his bowl in the morning when I'm leaving but I think with him it's more a case of being there eating at that time. It's funny nonetheless! :laugh: