• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New Linnie!

Ocean

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
So I just wanted to say hi XD I'm new to this site, and just yesterday I got a female cobalt blue baby Linnie. She is still very shy, and she's molting (her feathers are dark, but I can see the new feathers becoming a lighter blue, I'm guessing that is normal?) She is my first bird, I was looking into getting a budgie for my first bird,but I was told they are loud, and because I still live with my parents, I tried to find a bird a little quieter ( they don't want to hear a bird making noise all day long). So far she hasn't made a peep, but I'm sure its just because she is scared. I'll upload pictures soon :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
Welcome. I am a linnie mummy too. You will soon find that they are very addictive and 2 is a better number. Have fun with her. Can't wait for photos.

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Welcome! I have 4 linnies. They are very addictive and super sweet.

I also agree 2 is better than 1.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welave:

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hello1: Can't wait to see pics of your linnie.

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Thanks for the warm welcome :)
I hope to get another Linnie to be company for her, maybe in a couple months when the breeder I got her from has a new babies, for now I plan to start working with her on Friday, I figured I'd better just give her a couple days to settle in first.

I will upload pictures tonight, so be on the look out for those :laugh:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
:congratualtions: Welcome!!!! PICS! PICS! PICS!!!!! :camera: Please :wink2:

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
Thank you! I'm still very new at the whole bird ownership thing. I do believe she's molting as her back has some pin feathers as does the back of her neck, I would try misting her, but I figure it's too soon since I just brought her home Sunday. She is banded and I have some toys in her cage, I plan to get her a little house, I heard Linnies like to cuddle in blankets, although she spends most of her time standing on her perches or playing with her toys, I'm just worried about egg binding and what not, being a new birdy owner and all. I've done research, but for some reason some things I read make me act like a paranoid new mom xD oh well, at least my mom and sister like her, but if anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it from experience owners :laugh:

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
She's lovely. It's best to be a 'little' on the paranoid side as that way you will spot things. You will soon get to know her which will also help with spot things wrong. But enjoy her too.

Coki

Avenue Veteran
Welcome to the forums!

Before i decided to buy a bourke i thought about a linnie. But the only thing i didn't like about them is they're kinda hand shy and i wanted a bird who wouldn't mind to be perched or who wouldn't be afraid of my hands. Though i know this is not a general rule.

I found your linnie just beautiful, really, i may someday buy a couple if i get more experienced. Congratulations!

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Lovely. Wishing you a lot of joy.

Take her to avian vet for exam. Check out Good Bird Inc on parrot behavior. Ensure you have right type of cage and diet and toys. Be sure to get educated and you will love bird ownership

Shyra

Avenue Spotlight Award
She's very pretty. Loved seeing the pictures.

Ocean

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aqua
She's a little shy right now, but I'm determined to break her out of it XD I heard Linnies don't play with toys much, but that's what she spends most of her time doing :)

kmmouse

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kim
Pretty bird.. I'm also new to the forms. Welcome!!

Caza66

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carol
My linnies in the aviary don't play with toys at all but when I bought a new pair that were quarantined in a cage indoors they loved playing with toys. Even kiwi, my hand reared baby (RIP) was beginning to play with them.