• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How could I make vines all over my bird room?

DeanArrlack

Strolling the yard
Hey everyone!

I haven't posted in awhile, but I have this idea for having a large criss-cross of natural looking vines going all over my bird room for my two pi's. Any ideas? Anyone do anything like this?

Thanks!!

:hug8:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Maybe a network of ropes? That is what I envision :)

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you are trying to hang real vines across your room maybe use pvc hangers similar to the ones on Exotic Wood Dreams' flyers have. That way the birds wouldn't be able to climb them very easily and it would be easy to attach the vines to it.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Nice thick rope. Long thick tree limbs. 2x lumber shelving/perching. Racks. Nets. Screw gun. Pliers. Tie wire and screws.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine

safehaven

Sprinting down the street
I added these portable stands this weekend, they look "viney" as well. I did not make these but it looks easy and I can move them anywhere in house or if I need to take them somewhere, its a great stand.I did make everything else, collected and sanded branches and Grapevine works great winding around branches.Hope this gives you some ideas. My birds love their area. They are never caged and it works well that they have their so called "tree" in my house!! lol Who does this to their house :wideyed:

safehaven

Safe haven that's a slick, artsy setup you got there! :)
I seriously like changing it up and "sculpting" the way the branches flow...I feel like it is like art..in a weird way! LMAO. My kids say " how big is this gonna get Mom?" :unsure1:

safehaven

Those set ups are breathtaking!
Only a "bird owner" would say this! :p My kids say I go overboard as this is in our main living area (but they like seeing the birds play on it all day too). I want the birds to be where we are most and I don't care what a guest may think.. :o:

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
@safehaven where did you get those portable stands (the white ones)? And the wood play areas that hang from the stands? Love those!

Last edited:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

SunUp

Avenue Veteran

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Thanks for the link! Are they pretty steady/not tippy?
I've never had an issue with them. Holds both my birds up without even a wobble (IRN and a cockatiel). And Rainbow likes to fly and crawl all over the square ladder I have on it.

I have a feeling it could withstand a bit more birdie weight as well.

safehaven

@safehaven where did you get those portable stands (the white ones)? And the wood play areas that hang from the stands? Love those!
Hi,
I got them at a bird show. the vendor was S&S Exotic Perches. He travels to bird shows, so if you have one in your area soon, see if he registered to be there. Really good price too!