• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feed store chick with mutilated feet

Callista15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Callista(Cally)
She's eating fully on her own. Now the problem is getting her to stop eating! She's been gaining twelve grams a day. She's also been helping Erin in terms of growth. She's also fledging, and now has beautiful, fully feathered silvery wings, shimmery with iridescence, and flecked with midnight blue and jet black. Not to mention a adorable tufty tail. :)

vmashley03

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Awwww she sounds adorable! Def need more pics once you get a chance (seems like you have your hands full with all the babies)! :heart:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Here she is, with her buddy Erin. Erin is the smaller, skinnier white one with more feathers. Professor Bird is the larger, more silvery bluish one.
image.jpg image.jpg
"Foooood!"
image.jpg
"Hey! Wait just one second! That isn't edible!" (She was attempting to eat the camera lens between pictures, and discovered it wasn't food.)
image.jpg
"This is a betrayal. A betrayal, I tell you!"

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Too! Much! Cute! :heart: :heart: :heart: glad she is doing better. I was imagining horrible horrible things when you said they put tar on her feet. poor little :hug8:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
She's lost the damaged portions of each toe since then, but she's doing fine. Only minimal balance issues, and it only really causes trouble for her in terms of perching, and that isn't much of a handicap. Heck, my adult Seramas prefer to sleep in their aspen shavings to perching, even though they do have plenty of branches in their cage.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Oh, cuteness!! Thank you for taking her in and saving her life :heart:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Update: she's got two stubs, but that doesn't affect her much. She's still just as tame as ever. I'm pretty sure Professor Bird is female. She's a silly little escape artist, and she went all over the house in search of me after jumping out of her box. The Professor is mostly feathered out now. I bought her two little Dutch bantam friends around the same age. She adores them. Their names are Fuzzy and Wuzzy.

Attachments

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:heart: awwww~~~ da baby!!! I'm so happy she's gaining weight and looking beautifully healthy..your a doll for taking her in...
  • :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwwww, glad shes doing so well. :heart:

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Bless you for rescuing her!that store should have thier feet butchered n tarred! Grrrrr
Glad she is doing so well ;)

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:hug8: OMG! Shes precious, you did good!