• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Pete is happy...

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
And I'm not nuts :hehe: I'm glad for both :roflmao:

I always knew he hated that Victorian top cage he had for 1.5 years, and thought maybe it was the inside height. Well, I found a good deal on an old AA SS play top cage and decided to get it for him. Width and depth are similar, but less inside height. I knew we probably had a winner when he agreed to move right in with no crying or carrying on.

Well, he was just swinging around upside down from toys again like Tarzan :dance4: He hasn't done that for a year and a half!

I KNEW he hated that other cage. Glad I went with my instincts and got a different type of cage :)
Petey! Amazon boy! I am sooooo happy he's comfortable in his feathers again! Well done, Audrey!

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I wonder if that would make secret happier. She has a huge cage here and was in a tiny one for who knows how many years

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Pete, you have an awesome mom! She really cares about your well being. But I think you know that....she always says what a good boy you are. So enjoy cage and play with more toys! It is time to party :dance4:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I wonder if that would make secret happier. She has a huge cage here and was in a tiny one for who knows how many years

Same with Pete. He was in an 18 x 18 when I got him. I put him in a 32 x 23 that had been my Blue Crown conure's cage. Then when he started playing and doing the Tarzan thing, I said, "Oh, he really needs a bigger cage!" I bought the 40 x 32 Victorian top, and he was scared to death of it. It took several days before he was willing to spend the night in it, and another couple of nights before he asked me to cover it. But, then for the next 1.5 years he barely did anything. So I had a feeling he wasn't happy with the cage.

Then Rowdy got a new cage and he went nutso for it! He was asking me to give it to him. He kept flying to it and was laughing and saying, "I love you!" It was very similar though to his cage: Napolean top (almost the same style) and similar in color. So I asked myself what was different that he liked it? Well, it was smaller, and definitely lower in inside height. Now Rowdy's new cage wasn't really right for him. The bar spacing is only 5/8 and Pete has macaw sized feet.

However, it did make me think if he got a play top cage, with lower inside height, maybe he would like it better and act like his old self again. Apparently I guessed correctly what he didn't like about the very tall Victorian top, because here he is, acting like his old self again :)

We think birds don't care that much about cage style, but maybe they do. And it wasn't having more width and depth that scared Pete so much, it was having so much height.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
What a beauty! Love the setup, too!! :)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
:yah: Petey! Awesome cage for an awesome boy! :dancing: :heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Nice digs Pete! :heart:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Pete, you have an awesome mom! She really cares about your well being. But I think you know that....she always says what a good boy you are. So enjoy cage and play with more toys! It is time to party :dance4:
Audrey is truly amazing. I never knew a lion tamer....I mean Amazon tamer like her. Petey is very special.

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Same with Pete. He was in an 18 x 18 when I got him. I put him in a 32 x 23 that had been my Blue Crown conure's cage. Then when he started playing and doing the Tarzan thing, I said, "Oh, he really needs a bigger cage!" I bought the 40 x 32 Victorian top, and he was scared to death of it. It took several days before he was willing to spend the night in it, and another couple of nights before he asked me to cover it. But, then for the next 1.5 years he barely did anything. So I had a feeling he wasn't happy with the cage.

Then Rowdy got a new cage and he went nutso for it! He was asking me to give it to him. He kept flying to it and was laughing and saying, "I love you!" It was very similar though to his cage: Napolean top (almost the same style) and similar in color. So I asked myself what was different that he liked it? Well, it was smaller, and definitely lower in inside height. Now Rowdy's new cage wasn't really right for him. The bar spacing is only 5/8 and Pete has macaw sized feet.

However, it did make me think if he got a play top cage, with lower inside height, maybe he would like it better and act like his old self again. Apparently I guessed correctly what he didn't like about the very tall Victorian top, because here he is, acting like his old self again :)

We think birds don't care that much about cage style, but maybe they do. And it wasn't having more width and depth that scared Pete so much, it was having so much height.
You schmaaat!