• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with names!!!

Kriti

Meeting neighbors
So, in the next week I will be getting my lutino IRN pair. I can't pick names, so I was wondering if you guys could help me pick. These are the names I have in mind.

Male: Mango, Elmo, Casper, Ollie
Female: Bella, Iris, Daisy, Sadie

Any other suggestions are welcome! :D

:irnyf: :irnym:

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I prefer Ollie and Iris. I think they fit perfectly and that they are BEAUTIFUL names! :xflove: Congrats on your new IRN's! :irnym: :irnyf: :hehe: I vote Ollie & Iris!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I wo uld pick something that either gender could have...

Aequa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Caity
Mango and Daisy! That's cute! And at least Mango could go for either sex :)

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Good luck with them! The names you picked are great, though my favourite pair from that list is Mango and Iris!

Kriti

Meeting neighbors
I switched to Mango and Iris after seeing a video of them, he doesn't seem like much of an Ollie lol! Picking names is really hard for me, I guess :x3:

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
Haha, that's okay. For me it's always tough and feels like a big decision as well. Call me crazy, but I think their name defines their personality and vice versa. So many times I'll see an animal and think "Hmm, he looks like an Archie" or whatever. It's a strange thing.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You know what I would do? Put the boy names in one cup and girl names in another cup. The names are all too cute so just pick one of each gender out of the cups.

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
I really like Mango and Daisy. ;)

Kriti

Meeting neighbors
Jane, I like your suggestion, but I think I should just wait and see how they act for myself. If I don't, I'll have changed my mind about a million times! I want their names to suit them instead of having them pre-picked. It's like picking one food over the other without tasting either of them (weird comparison haha)

I feel like bouncing off the walls; I can't wait another day! :yahoo: These will be my first birds and I can't wait to spend a long, happy life with them. Pictures will be posted after they come home!
:chrisphoto:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I understand what you mean and best of luck with your birds. o_O

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Avery and Aaron (Erin) unisex names...wanted them for my twins (didn't know genders) husband had a fit, LOL.

And sometimes they don't like a name. My daughter picked out Zukah for our African Grey, searching African names and he hated it, backed up the minute he heard it over and over. He perked up at Franky so he kind of picked his name.

Love Sadie, Daisy, Casper, Ollie.... have fun naming them. Good, fun kind of stress.

Haha, that's okay. For me it's always tough and feels like a big decision as well. Call me crazy, but I think their name defines their personality and vice versa. So many times I'll see an animal and think "Hmm, he looks like an Archie" or whatever. It's a strange thing.

Agree!!

Delilah ? but have heard 3 syllables might be too long.

Congrats!