• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aviator harness

Browneyedbitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jennifer
Has anyone had luck with an aviator on a caique? I got one for Chichi, x-small and it seems too small for me to get it comfortably over her head. I would love to take her outside.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
bump :D

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Probably there is someone somewhere who has had success with a caique and an aviator harness. I dont believe I would have success with any of mine though.

If they did wear it, I would have no peace of mind. They are too active and energetic to tolerate it and would spend every waking second trying to destroy it.

One weak link = one gone bird

JP

zuzanqa

Real Name
Zuz
I have a small for my Quaker and I feel the same way: the collar is kinda small and tight but considering how thin a birdie neck actually is, I am guessing it´s the right size. You don´t want it to be too loose. Penguin doesn´t like the harness period. We´ve been doing daily training sessions to get him to accept it. I put it on him once before and all he wanted to do wash chew it into pieces. I opted for a Pak o Bird to take him outside instead. Good luck though!!!

nebraska

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela
I got the avian harness. I think first I had the xsmall. I could not get it over the head. I changed it in a bigger one I think it was the small it worked.
My male is a hand raised so not a real big problem putting it on. Malika ? No chance she always wants to put it off a him when he has it on. (Sometimes I put it on when my blood relatives come because he would kill them if he could - and with the aviator he can be outside his cage event though they make a visit) image.jpg

SterlingSL

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
No problems here using one on my Toby. I started with him at 6mos though. It's the only way he gets to go on bike rides.

Shivan

Walking the driveway
Once you slip it over her head, check it by slipping your finger between the neck part and her neck. If you can get your finger in there it's not too tight. :)

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
xsmall is too small. i think a regular small is a good size. Xsmall in aviator is a good size for a cockateil or a GCC. i got small for my 2 cakes. they dont use it though :rolleyes:

nebraska

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Angela
not easy - for my female she would never let me put it on her --- huhuhu dont touch my back .... i ly on my back for you ...but dont touch it :eek: