• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life with p'lets?

Aequa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Caity
I can't have a p'let as we live in Australia where there are extremely few and very far between, not to mention expensive!
So pretty please charm me with stories and pictures!!! ;) :D I love how cute and tiny they are and the massive personalities!
I'd love one so much :arghh: I need to move overseas!

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Uh oh...you may be sorry you asked, but, I am owned by two plets whom I absolutely ADORE!! Molly and Minty. They are the best birds anyone could ask for....they are smart, playful, cuddly, quiet, and eat like piggies. They would BOTH be permanently grafted to my shoulder all day long if I would let them. Truly fantastic little friends. Here are some pics.....enjoy!!

Told you youd' be sorry you asked! LOL

Aequa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Caity
Awwww! My gosh!!!! How adorable are they ^_^ I love the picture with the bell on his head hahaha, you can share all the pics you like, I can't get over their cuteness!!!! :laughing12:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
DSC00605.JPG Life with P'lets is never boring for sure. Here is my ball of feathers -Bodie. He will turn 16 in June.

Last edited:

Trinity23

Real Name
Heather
@Jeddy I like knowing that Bodie is 16 and going strong. It gives me hope that my Pickles will live that long. Hmmmm Pickles stories. How about last year when he jumped into a box I was packing when I prepared to move? Or last week when he jumped off the couch and wandered into the kitchen when I was boiling water for pasta for my lunch. Then there was the time that he kicked Sydney my family's 18 year old UBER pretty lady flock leader 'tiel off my shoulder :jawdrop1: or the time he tried to kick a 15 y/o female U2 named Allie off my shoulder. He also got excited when I was doing dishes once and jumped into the sink of dirty dishes and dish water and soaked himself. That was pretty funny. :hilarious: All in all he's a hilarous little guy with personality to spare! I'm just happy that he's getting along with his sister Honey and he is even asking the current boy toy for scratches. Here's some pics...

DSC00083.JPG DSC00064.JPG IMG_3084.JPG IMG_3630.JPG IMG_3084.JPG IMG_3630.JPG

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
@Trinity23 Heather I have had some close calls with Bodie also. I think that is how these little (don't tell them that!) p'lets get into to trouble. Cute pictures. They can be a hand full. Now that Bodie is fully flighted I have to watch him all the time when he is out. Keeps me young!!!!!

belmor

Moving in
I can't post pics from work but Kira is 5 and has been a great bird. She also is the self proclaimed "boss" of our house, she is not noisy as long as she can see you and wants to be in your business all the time. Everything is subject to be chewed up (phone case, remotes, shirts, fingers) when she is bored. She has also fallen into a sink full of water and her biggest conquest was biting a 90lb lab right on the nose when he got too close to her cage. I am curious to see how the dynamic changes in the next few weeks-we are fostering a Gradn Eclectus for the rescue...

~B~

Stormcloud

Squawk Talk!
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gerard
I've never seen Parrotlets for sale in Australia. I have seen Linnies at some of the bird sales, but they're around $1000 per pair.

Trinity23

Real Name
Heather
@Trinity23 Heather I have had some close calls with Bodie also. I think that is how these little (don't tell them that!) p'lets get into to trouble. Cute pictures. They can be a hand full. Now that Bodie is fully flighted I have to watch him all the time when he is out. Keeps me young!!!!!
Yeah there's never a dull moment around here that's for sure. I believe that the reason why they get into trouble is because they're fearless. And that fearlessness makes them stupid.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Ollie is, and always will be my little man. I cannot express how much I fell for him, and am so glad I took the drive/chance for him. I wasn't sure if Parrotlets were right for me when I first went to get him. Needless to say, I fell hard for him, and he's definitely my little soul-birdie. I can't imagine life without him. <3

Attachments

CheekyBeaks

Real Name
Ann-Marie
I've never seen Parrotlets for sale in Australia. I have seen Linnies at some of the bird sales, but they're around $1000 per pair.
I don't think we even have Parrotlets in Australia, Linnies are becoming more popular though and the prices have been coming down if you are looking for a smaller bird. You could contact the Australian Parrots Society to point you in the direction of a good breeder.

RadhaVallabhi

@Trinity23 :omg: I have to ask you! :p I posted a swing covered in treats I found but it had really bad stuff in it so I couldn't get it. I have been looking for one like it ever since or to try to make one out of better stuff. Yours looks so good!! What is it called? PLEASE PLEASE tell me :lol:

Trinity23

Real Name
Heather
TBH I have no idea. To me it's just a circle shaped honey stick. I found them at the pet store I use over christmas and thought they'd make appropriate christmas presents for the flock. keep in mind that the pet store I use is a specialty one that caters mainly to parrots and birds.