• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Walking??

glxpassat

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I have two youngsters born January 19th of this year. I've always had cockatiels, or parakeets my whole life. Almost two years ago, I decided after my sweet cockatiel died of old age, I would get a big boy - Blue Fronted Amazon. I then decided after seeing these guys I would get them for the kids. I have never had birds that aren't "pigeon-toed" They kinda walk like a duck. Is this because they are still babies?

TIA

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
Nope...'tiels walk like pigeons. Waddle waddle waddle.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well, it might look a little pideon toed but looks more like a duck..I trust you are supervising the upbringing of the tiels.

jitin02

Sprinting down the street
That walk is the cutest part of teils :p

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
I have two youngsters born January 19th of this year. I've always had cockatiels, or parakeets my whole life. Almost two years ago, I decided after my sweet cockatiel died of old age, I would get a big boy - Blue Fronted Amazon. I then decided after seeing these guys I would get them for the kids. I have never had birds that aren't "pigeon-toed" They kinda walk like a duck. Is this because they are still babies?

TIA
Pigeons walk like ducks :lol:
So do 'tiels