• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Timneh African Grey Breeders?

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
I want to try Roudy Bush just for something different but have had trouble finding the higher protein version right now my TAG eats his Harrison's HighProtien good ut its pretty high in fat content so I try to get him to eat as much fresh foods as possible and then a couple Nuitriberries a day too.

DeanArrlack

Strolling the yard
I buy roudybush online...they've great customer service as well. Be careful with nutriberries. Some of them contain propylene glycol and have been known to cause liver damage in some birds (according to my Vet at least)

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Don't want to say anything negative about Mark cause I don't know anything about him but he is a bird broker he doesn't breed those birds himself says he gets them from local breeders and hand feeds them

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@Macawnutz Do you know if they breed Timnehs? They aren't mentioned on their site.

Hmmm I know he does Congos..... I would call him tomorrow. He is wonderful to talk with and if he does not breed them maybe he could tell you who to go to. He helps me all the time with anything bird related. He is not very computer savy so it would not shock me if they were not listed. Wonderful wonderful man.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I would not just accept certain terms or buzz words at face value. Abundance weaning means one thing to me, based on reading Phoebe Linden's articles and talking to her. Any body who has done any research can say they abundance wean, allow the birds to fledge (which to some means the bird flies ONCE), provides enrichment, etc. I'd want to know what those things mean in actual practice.

And I'm NOT saying this BB gentleman does that, just saying in general. Best of luck in your search! Keep us posted.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorry you did not hear from African Queen. Here is the web site and phone number of the hand feeder in Maryland. I have been to her home several times and know she loves and cares for the birds very much. She may have some babies or will have. You can use my name if you want. Look for info in your personal mail.

Nvanhar

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
We got Scribbles from John Cole at Happy Bird Haven. He abundance weans but does typically clip his birds. He might make an exception if you asked. He was knowledgable and spent hours on the phone with me answering all my questions. He seemed to truly care about his birds and did not shrug me off, even when I had a list of questions a mile long. I have kept in contact with him and have sent him updates - we're even on his web page. :laughing2:

HAPPY BIRD HAVEN - St. Charles, MO

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone else have any more suggestions as far as TAG breeders go?