• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Maui & Kailua's New Show Props

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Today we started new show props. As Maui mastered the rings at home and Kailua knows her welcome sign.... we switched. The goal is to have M & K do the rings together, race style and have Maui do the sign for "the end" of the show. I think we should have this in no time as this was day one.

:starshower1: :starshower1: :starshower1: :starshower1: :starshower1:

Today was PROUD MAMA day! Kailua did EVERY behavior and prop in the show without hesitation. She has finally settled down and does not yell at people for standing up or moving around. She gives me less issue everyday about coming out of her cage as long as I wait until she is in her "spot" that means pick me up. She still does not enjoy much petting but I am her favorite person in the world. She has become quite affectionate and insists on sharing her food on me several times a day.
I think Maui has brought out the best in her. She is very jealous of the other birds getting to much attention but for some reason she accepts it more with Maui.
Maui is doing great also! He does not yet have a prop in the show as it is still his first two weeks but I think by next weekend I could find something for him to do. He is very eager to be a part of it all.
Be proud with me! I did the happy dance in the car all the way home! :dance55: :yahoo:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:dance4:Good job! They are just too precious,btw love the music playing ;) I have both those songs on my Ipod,lol.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kudos!!!!! :dance4: :dancing:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
And I want to add, I really like how positive you are when training. Even when their attempts fail you reward and praise for trying. Excellent! :laughing12:
In my opinion, there is no other way to do it. :) it has to be fun, easy and rewarding. Once they get the hang of new things you can start becoming more refined but it still has to be fun and positive for them to want to do it. :) I set small simple goals and always keep it short and playful. My birds are more than able to take a day off if they wish.... they never do! :) They love working for the people.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Good job Maui and Kailua. What beautiful babies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wow!! that is truly amazing..what a smart and stunningly gorgeous girlie she is!!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Good to see them enjoying themselves Sarah. How's Maui going with his flying??? :)

He is doing great. He did break the tips of three of his primaries and that slowed him for awhile but after a few weeks of getting used to it he flies well even with them broken. :laugh:

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
:bliss: :cheer: :starshower1: :yahoo:

that is just AMAZING! it is very obvious they are enjoying themselves. :heart2:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
that's awesome! :heart:

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
Great Job! I love the way you train them! I'm sure that you'll have them singing by the end of the day if you had to :D. Keep up the great work!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Day Two

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
:highfive: GREAT JOB! marley enjoyed it TREMENDOUSLY, purring the entire video!

p.s. i do the same 'yaaaaaayeeeeeee' in almost the same voice, so when you did it marley ran and got his jingle barrel for a rousing game of fetch! lol!