• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby is imitating everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
more than Sam ever did at that age. As you know female tiels are not big imitators etc and very very rarely do they ever talk...well Sam fooled everyone by yakking up a storm and imitating birds...plus beak rapping and heart wings..all typically male behaviors..but she still had the yellow underbarring under tail which usually indicates a female..So only one person out of hundreds said she was a female..and then she surprised us by laying an egg..Samantha still imitates everything and runs around like an energizer bunny. When Maxwell starts his singing, Baby picks right up on it and continues and they call back & forth to each other. And whenever Baby is on his cage top she climbs up the pile of toys onto the windowsill and runs back and forth screaming her little head off at the birds outside. Bird calls, yakking, whistling and a few minutes ago she was doing the budgie scream just like Baby Boy does (he is not far from that cage)...She molted out the yellow tail feathers and no feathers have come back yet. I wo uld not be at all surprised if this little devil is actually a boy. She is pretty big for a boy though ..male tiels are usually smaller..She weighs 96 grams....name will not change but I will be watching those tail feathers..if they grow in yellow then she is another female "impressionist" like Sam but if the grow in grey..well, we have ourselves a boy. And what a character..holy crap on a cracker is this one active..I never saw such toy playing in my life..And she has the other two playing with toys for all they are worth now..It is great to see that a little one can invigorate the other two to play more. And she is totally fearless..Sam is a chicken...something new and she flees. Baby instantly investigates and either eats or plays with it. She makes me laugh so much. And she lovessssssssssssss the bird whisperer..He is swarmed at night..so funny. He can barely make a move. @DWRVT

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am in love with all Cockatiels. Every one says Luca is female including the vet. She is getting a more yellow head with molting and whistles up a storm. Think next vet visit I may get a DNA done.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Never a dull moment in your house!!! Baby sounds adorable and so smart!!! :heart: :heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
How happy you all sound. :heart:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Your flock sounds so playful :dance4:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute. :) :heart:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
well, we will have to wait and see. My Soaren is a girl and she sings, dosent talk though, I know shes a girl...eggies...:smuggrin: baby sounds very well adjusted and extremley happy. Thanks for all the updates and funny stories, I love them,:heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I love it! Like you, I'll be waiting to hear if those tail feathers reveal a surprise. As for the way she interacts with Dub- not a surprise at all...she KNOWS a great person when she sees one!

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:D :heart:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I think Baby is a boy! All 3 of my male tiels weigh in the 90's g range. My female weighs 107g. Watch "her" face also to see if there is any more yellow developing!

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Anne - your stories about Baby make me laugh :) I am glad she is thriving!! It will be interesting to see what those tail feathers tell you - LOL.

jitin02

Sprinting down the street
more than Sam ever did at that age. As you know female tiels are not big imitators etc and very very rarely do they ever talk...well Sam fooled everyone by yakking up a storm and imitating birds...plus beak rapping and heart wings..all typically male behaviors..but she still had the yellow underbarring under tail which usually indicates a female..So only one person out of hundreds said she was a female..and then she surprised us by laying an egg..Samantha still imitates everything and runs around like an energizer bunny. When Maxwell starts his singing, Baby picks right up on it and continues and they call back & forth to each other. And whenever Baby is on his cage top she climbs up the pile of toys onto the windowsill and runs back and forth screaming her little head off at the birds outside. Bird calls, yakking, whistling and a few minutes ago she was doing the budgie scream just like Baby Boy does (he is not far from that cage)...She molted out the yellow tail feathers and no feathers have come back yet. I wo uld not be at all surprised if this little devil is actually a boy. She is pretty big for a boy though ..male tiels are usually smaller..She weighs 96 grams....name will not change but I will be watching those tail feathers..if they grow in yellow then she is another female "impressionist" like Sam but if the grow in grey..well, we have ourselves a boy. And what a character..holy crap on a cracker is this one active..I never saw such toy playing in my life..And she has the other two playing with toys for all they are worth now..It is great to see that a little one can invigorate the other two to play more. And she is totally fearless..Sam is a chicken...something new and she flees. Baby instantly investigates and either eats or plays with it. She makes me laugh so much. And she lovessssssssssssss the bird whisperer..He is swarmed at night..so funny. He can barely make a move. @DWRVT

Would be nice of you if you can share a video if sam talking ;)

My teil name is also sam too lol
Considering size factor you mentioned... My female is the loud birdie than screaming and sometimes looks like she's singing with combination of heart wings

Last edited: