• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kwak has some alone time.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
What a striking scarlet! I am very sorry that you were bitten so hard.

Matt

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
Wow, he's beautiful.

Parrot Examiner

Real Name
Beth Ralston
I shall live through you and Kwak, as a Scarlet is my dream bird :rolleyes: So anytime you feel a need for a picture overload, just know that my feelings will never be hurt! :hehe:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Kwak needed to be an only bird this morning so he and I soaked up some sunshine and did some singing.

He was so happy that he took a big chunk out of my left arm, which is kind of good because most of my Kwak scars are on my right arm and I was worried that I would look a little unbalanced with short sleeve weather approaching. Now I'm only mentally unbalanced :wacky:

Sorry for the picture overload. Hmmm, maybe that's why I got bit. View attachment 173809 View attachment 173810 View attachment 173811 View attachment 173812 View attachment 173813 View attachment 173814 View attachment 173815
Spoken like only a true bird lover could speak!

Parrot Examiner

Real Name
Beth Ralston
Be careful what you wish for - I just might check out the air freight costs to Kentucky. :sneaky:
I live in an apartment, I'm sure the neighbors would just adore a nice big beautiful bird for their screaming children to compete with through the walls!

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I live in an apartment, I'm sure the neighbors would just adore a nice big beautiful bird for their screaming children to compete with through the walls!
I live in an apartment and have had 2 green wing macaws without any noise problems. Depending on the bird's energy level and your time/ability, it's definitely doable granted pets are allowed. Just do some training each day, let them join you during your daily chores, go outside for a car ride, walk or socializing etc. Those things tire them out in a hurry and keep them very content and quiet. Val will do an excited level 4 or 5 out of 10 scream and a "BYEEEEEE BYEEEEE" when I leave every once in a great while and that's all. I was scared about adopting her at first too, living in an apartment, but it can definitely work out. GOOD LUCK!
:hug8:

Parrot Examiner

Real Name
Beth Ralston
I live in an apartment and have had 2 green wing macaws without any noise problems. Depending on the bird's energy level and your time/ability, it's definitely doable granted pets are allowed. Just do some training each day, let them join you during your daily chores, go outside for a car ride, walk or socializing etc. Those things tire them out in a hurry and keep them very content and quiet. Val will do an excited level 4 or 5 out of 10 scream and a "BYEEEEEE BYEEEEE" when I leave every once in a great while and that's all. I was scared about adopting her at first too, living in an apartment, but it can definitely work out. GOOD LUCK!
:hug8:
you are toying with dreams i currently cannot afford :lol:

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
:coffeescreen: Grammy - you are hilarious!! I agree, Kwak is beautiful :)

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
you are toying with dreams i currently cannot afford :lol:
Yeah, I saved up and adopted Val, I'm her 3rd home. We live alone together. I'm a poor college kid but just one bird is not too financially draining. No worries, you'll get your fiddo soon.

Parrot Examiner

Real Name
Beth Ralston
Right now, a cockatiel is what I'm after. Our apartment is nowhere near large enough for a mac. I want a house, so s/he could have a room and toys and a huuuuuge cage. I want to have enough money saved for at least 2 emergency vet visits (for any bird) and to make sure everything is perfect before I bring home a lovely Scarlet. The OH has said before I'll get one someday, and I showed him pictures. He wasn't big on birds before me, so he didn't understand the money involved. When I told him he said "Okay, so we'll need a winning lottery ticket and a house for the bird. And when we fight, you can go sleep with the bird." :lol:

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Right now, a cockatiel is what I'm after. Our apartment is nowhere near large enough for a mac. I want a house, so s/he could have a room and toys and a huuuuuge cage. I want to have enough money saved for at least 2 emergency vet visits (for any bird) and to make sure everything is perfect before I bring home a lovely Scarlet. The OH has said before I'll get one someday, and I showed him pictures. He wasn't big on birds before me, so he didn't understand the money involved. When I told him he said "Okay, so we'll need a winning lottery ticket and a house for the bird. And when we fight, you can go sleep with the bird." :lol:
Wonderful! A bird room would be fun! Val lives on a tree stand and I saved money by making her a giant hanging toy(s) that are hooked to the ceiling for her to climb, forage, and play with. I'll post pics at some point. I also have a huge mac cage but she is never inside of it. The wall and door are removed so it's like a giant open jungle gym. I guess the apartment is the "bird room" so to speak. It's not huge but she can fly some and follow me around on the floor. I was lonely here at school and my other critters were at my parents' house or had passed away so I was glad I could adopt Val.

haha about OH, true story! :laughing2:

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Grammy love your sense of humor...i can so relate to the scars blending w/ the age spots. Yes my Scarlett is the biter of my pair and I have the wounds to proud it lol :hehe:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I now what you mean with the bits also the blending,,lol Im expting a bit today,,lol im getting ready to go out im punished for going out
I have to say he is dazzling the colours so bright but do they fly much I mean Mangos always flying some place but he hasent got that tail and hate the cold breeze as he passes ,,lol