• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My new (used) Expandable Habitats cage

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Very Nice!
:dancing:

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
Still not done, been busy :depressed:, but this cage is huge, so tall! I knew it was big but seeing it together :wideyed:
View attachment 173789

welp, thats it. im jealous :p
that is an incredible habitat. i really hesitate to call it a cage!
i really would like to get stainless for my fids. im tired of powder coating and all that stuff.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
It's awesome. :cool: The best part you will find is how easy it is to clean. We love ours. Congrats again on the great deal :laughing12:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
All I can say is WOW!

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Now that you've got it all assembled, what do you think of the adventure. :)
It has been a long adventure, but fun! I'm sure non bird people would think I was crazy going through all this trouble for a cage. :lol: I hope to have Babalu in it by the weekend so I can sell my old cage. Now I just need one more for my future macaw :D
I'll post another pic when it's done and he's in it, then I'll stop with this thread :hehe:
Thanks everyone for all your advice!

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Wow that is an impressive cage!!! Can't wait to see it fully decked out!! You got one good deal on this cage!!!! :highfive: :dance4:

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Well, here it is so far. I'm still waiting on the shelf from EH. I need more toys to hang on the side of the cage... Babalu was a bit nervous about the new setup, but when I asked him if he liked it he bobbed his head up and down super fast lol. He does not like the 2x3 that much, I have to bribe him to get on it. I might change some things around, when he perches on the corner perch (favorite spot), the turds land on the 2x3 :banghead: He hasn't gone in the green hut or gotten on the cajput or bottom left perch yet either.
image.jpg
Maybe I'll move the long perch up top so I can hang more toys. Idk, any ideas?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The cage looks amazing set up! I am sure that he will love it very soon!

Matt

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
How about a large boing so he can access all the perches easily? He might move about more. I always start with the boing and arrange all the perches so they are in reach of it. That way they don't have to climb around the bars to get from a-b. Might be more difficult to move around because of the large bar spacing. My HH and my moms RB2 both had a harder time with the 1.25 bar spacing and wouldn't climb around via the bars. Bolt on rope perches are also helpful, too.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Here's a quick snap of what I mean. She was not in the mood to smile for the camera just now, lol. That cage is awesome, btw. I still can't believe what a great deal you got it for! image.jpg

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Here's a quick snap of what I mean. She was not in the mood to smile for the camera just now, lol. That cage is awesome, btw. I still can't believe what a great deal you got it for! View attachment 173990
Charlie is all about her boing as well!! I set up her room and cage around the boings too lol @KimKim if you needed a longer boing you could probably ask MPBT (I just got a jumbo one but in a smaller diameter from them and it's awesome!!!)

Last edited:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Charlie is all about her boing as well!! I set up her room and cage around the boing as wells lol @KimKim if you needed a longer boing you could probably ask MPBT (I just got a jumbo one but in a smaller diameter from them and it's awesome!!!)
Do you have any idea how long that one is @vmashley03 ? Like if you measured it from one end to the other, uncoiled? I would love one of theirs but couldn't figure out the length uncoiled. The one I went with is a 96", but is still about 10" shy of reaching the cage bottom once coiled and I'd like one a little longer.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He likes his boing, well he use to until he got the atom :lol:But I haven't tried them in a cage yet. I use to have a swing and an orb thing in his old cage but he prefers stable things in his cage. But I will look into getting a new boing made with ss to try. Thanks for the idea and pics!