• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Many questions

Anne88

Meeting neighbors
Careful watching is what I do when my redhead is nesty/testy. And provide a lot of shreddable, all her favorites! She is sometimes crabby bossy with him, but it never escalates beyond a brief squabble. I also offer two dishes of everything at opposite ends of the cage, multiple equally spaced perches n two boings n plenty of toys. I never offer my hand unless I think she is in the mood. He is always happy t step up.

MoJean

Walking the driveway
How easy are Females to read? What are some signs that they are feeling.....extra feisty lol

Sunshine1313

Sprinting down the street
I wish I could help you with the females. I think some of it is just knowing the bird. Certain females give off different signs because they have they're own personality. Eye pinning, like most birds, is something to watch for. Also, all ekkies have the ability to kind of "raise their hackles". The feathers behind their neck and a little on the back go up when they're threatened. That's just a little of basic things.

MoJean

Walking the driveway
Thank you
I would love to see an Ekkie with their hackles raised

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Straightening their posture (appear more slender), tightening (can't think of the other word!) their feathers, eye pinning (will be more difficult to notice for a year or a little more), standing very still, nudging something with their beak as in pushing it away, proofing their feathers out on their neck and back along their wings, are just some common eclectus warning signs of fear or them telling one to back off.

Yoshi&Reza

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Their eyes will be really dark while young. So until they get older and their eyes show color it will be hard to distinguish it. Reza turned a year old the end of December and there is finally a thin ring color showing. Even now though it is hard to notice pinning.

MoJean

Walking the driveway
Ok. I kind of thought thats what it was, but better to ask than assume =)