• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Insane Lorikeet! Please Help!

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Hi Parronts,

My Lori goes nuts when she sees me coming with a bunch of bottle brush flowers. :wacky:

He/she becomes so protective of them that he/she screams and jumps around like crazy. o_O

She even attacks the near by toys like a wild animal possessed. :eek:

Is this normal? Should I stop giving them? Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help in advance! :)

image.jpg

Reactions: JAM

solo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
jess
I would say s/he is just really over excited
I wouldn't worry , unless s/he becomes a danger to you or His/her self I would still give it
S/he obviously really loves it
Solo gets like that sometimes with his favourite treat

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Insane lorikeet, isn't that NORMAL??? :lol:

Ours don't go absolutely nuts bit they do get excited and hop around calling to me to hurry the eff up and let them at it!!! :lol:

The only thing I would be concerned about is the possessiveness factor as that aggression may turn into unpleasantness towards yourself and other members of the family.

Try to see if you can calm her down and feed them to her whilst you are holding them or have them in a neutral spot out of her cage.
Have you got a play stand you can pick a lot and have her forage?

It may be that she's not getting enough stimulation (trust me it's hard they pretty much need constant stimulation, they are a very needy bird especially if solo, some are lucky to have ones that aren't psychos @Renae )

Don't stop giving it, bottlebrush is their natural food. :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Tookie gets excited when he knows he is getting foods he really likes (sprouts and veggies for example), but I can't say he becomes real psycho when it comes to him getting them, lol. At least she looks forward to her bottle brush, sounds like she just gets a bit too over excited about it. :p

Reactions: JAM

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
With ours the wet mix is the all hell breaks loose and beaks clash as they dive in up to their nares. :rolleyes:

Then they all say "hello" into it. o_O They're just weird. :lol: