• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Aviator harness and flight line

~Drini~

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ana
I was thinking of getting the aviator harness for my jenday, Inca, and one in the future for my amazon, but I wasn't sure about the quality. I know it's the best brand out there, and I wanted some personal feedback.

I'm also interested in getting the flight line. The flight line costs about $40 extra, and I'm quite curious as to why it's so expensive. Is there anything particularly special about it? Is there any other cheaper but equally effective alternative that you'd suggest?

I'd also like some insight on how it works. Do you find that the way that you take it on and off is easy, no hassle (after the bird was adjusted)?

Wayne361

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Wayne
I think you are paying for quality. Plus their lines have stretchable/elastic feature.....so bird if flys to end doesnt suddenly get jerked out of the air (if non stretchable line is used) I understand that many of the cheaper lines do not stretch. Cant go wrong with Aviator for quality IMO.

Hope this helps,

Wayne

Aequa

Real Name
Caity
It's an awesome harness, very durable and no pinching. The only downside is that some birds really dislike putting it on as it has to slip over their head and wings so you have to tighten it while on them. My conure hates staying still for that part! But! Great quality :)

BirdyLove

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Milly
I would love a aviator harness too but my mom says disagrees with the suggestion. Every time I ask her she always says no. :sour: Though I know the harness is great because its adjustable for all bird sizes. You can by them possibly at local pet shops. :laugh:

image.jpg
Possibly :bml: in the future

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
They can't handle to much biting. Eloy has damaged one. So every time before we go out now I check the Harness.
But still I think that this one is the best in quality.

JulieAnn

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie Panasik
I think there great. The best way is when they are little and get use to wearing it so they won't be afraid.

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
It's what we use for Skyler.. it works great!!! Just make sure you have the right size.. :).. IMAG1867.jpg Skyler is her harness.. :)